Welcome to the FPA website!
We are very pleased that you are spending time on our new website. Whether you are someone who suffers from neuropathic facial pain, you care for someone with this condition, or you are a healthcare professional looking to learn even more to help us, we hope you find answers to your questions on this site. If you do not find what you need, please call or email us. We are here for you, and we want to do everything that we can to help.
Trigeminal neuralgia and some of the other neuropathic pain disorders are rare and consequently many professionals in the dental and medical communities are not adequately prepared to help us. Too often a person with facial pain is not diagnosed quickly or is misdiagnosed, which can result in years of unnecessary pain and procedures before a person gets on the right road. The purpose of our nonprofit organization is to provide information to help you get a proper diagnosis, understand your condition, and develop a treatment plan in conjunction with your doctor. It is also our mission to provide support as you navigate this journey.
This new website has many added features, such as:
• New information specifically targeted to each segment of the facial pain community, such as those who have not yet been diagnosed, have been recently diagnosed, have had a procedure but still have pain, etc.
• New sections about pain conditions by location, by diagnosis, and by symptom.
• Additional articles about a multitude of neuropathic facial pain conditions.
• Videos from our past webinars and virtual conferences on topics including diagnosis, medication, surgical procedures, neurostimulation, coping, mindfulness, etc.
• The latest news about our Young Patients Committee, treatments, complementary health approaches, etc.
• A library of Quarterly journals, webinars, virtual conference presentations, Facebook Live presentations, etc.
• An easy form for you to complete by checking off the topics that you’d like to learn more about and we’ll be happy to send you information customized for you.
• And more…
We are grateful to all of the sponsors you find on our website. These individuals and organizations are anxious to help you and typically have years of experience serving those of us with facial neuropathic pain. Having said that, as a small nonprofit we are not in a position to vet these sponsors, and although the FPA is happy to make connections, we do not make endorsements or recommendations. We simply don’t have the expertise to do so, and we hope that you understand.
Given that you are on the FPA website, it’s clear that you are searching for information and guidance. You should know that the FPA has recently published the most comprehensive book about facial neuropathic pain called Facial Pain – A 21st Century Guide: For People with Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain. You may find it to be very helpful. It can be purchased through the FPA website or Amazon.
We hope you find the information and support you need on our new website or in our new book. However, please contact us by phone or email for additional help. We are here for you.
David J. Meyers
Chairman of the Board